I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Recycling Thursday

Last month, I did a "recycling" day where I posted a card made from my scraps and pieces of paper from my "reuse" drawer. I absolutely love how that card turned out! So for today's post, I wanted to have another Recycling Thursday card!

In my "reuse" drawer I had a lot of pieces of paper that I was experimenting with. I don't know if it is real technique or not, and I definitely haven't perfected it, but here's what I came up with:

 To make this, I used glossy card stock, reinkers, and a plastic drinking straw. I simply put a few drops of reinker in random spots on the cardstock and blew with the straw. You can also use the Color Spritzer Tool, but I just couldn't get enough air out of that before the reinker started to dry.

I loved how my different color combinations turned out. Some I even added shimmer paint to add sparkle to my project! However, I couldn't think of what to do with them that night. So, the pieces went into my "reuse" drawer.

However, they were just too pretty to sit idly by! So here's the card I made using the Hostess Level 1 stamp set, Silhouette Sentiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment