I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Crushed Petals

I really don't know how to describe this card in words, so let's just look at it, shall we?


This idea came to me right before sleep. Luckily, I remembered it the next morning! For the black and white panels, I lined them up, inked the stamp with Versamark, and stamped both sheets at the same time. Then I embossed in opposite colors. Simple, for a stunning result!

The bow on this card, while stunning, is quite simple. It is my favorite bow to make. I am not good at the knot-based bows, so this bow is perfect. It's truly easy, and I have taken step-by-step pictures to show you that you can make this bow as well!

First, take about 6 inches of ribbon. Then place a mini glue dot 1 1/2" in from one edge. (This is now the back side)

Then fold both sides in to make 3/4" loops. Each side will use half the glue dot.

Place a glue dot on the middle of the black side, and fold the tail of the remaining ribbon into a triangle.

Place a glue dot on the front in the middle and wrap the ribbon tail around the front of the ribbon.

Finally, put one more glue dot and wrap the tail around.
Cut the tail, making sure the end won't peek around to the front. Then attach it to your card with a glue dot or sticky strip.


Please email me for more information on this project. Or click to purchase any of these products!

Supplies Needed:

Paper:
Basic Black
Whisper White
Concord Crush

Stamps:
Pretty Petals

Ink:
Versamark

Accessories:
Black brads
1/2" stitched poly ribbon
Black embossing powder
White embossing powder

Tools:
1/2" circle punch


1/16" circle punch
Itty Bitty Shapes circle punch
Craft & Paper scissors
Heat Tool
Powder Pals
Embossing Buddy
Paper Trimmer
Bone Folder

Adhesive:
Snail Adhesive
Mini Glue Dots

3 comments:

  1. Very Striking card. Thanks for the instructions on how to make the great bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my amazing no tie bow.....thank goodness for this......Otherwise there would NEVER be bows on my cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning...thank you for showing us how to make another version of a pretty bow!

    ReplyDelete