I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Getting Ready for Convention!

Being a Stampin' Up! demo has its obvious perks, but there is a very special one that us military demos stationed in Europe are blessed with! We are invited to the European Convention!!! This year it is in London. I am so very excited!

While I could go on for a long while about how much fun last year was, and about the things you can do about convention, I'll spare you...at least for today. :) If you would like to join me in London, ask me today about the great perks of being a demo! It's not a decision you will regret, I guarantee it!

At convention, you will be given a bag from Stampin' Up! to hold all of your stuff. Well, with hundreds of women running around, all with the same bag, confusion can ensue! One way to avoid this is to create a personal bag tag. 

To make mine, I had to think outside the norm because I don't have all the supplies I wanted. I make the circle, I used the 3-Tier Cake Big Shot Die! I just used the circle from the biggest tier and cut that out of chip board for the Big Shot.

Then I traced that circle onto So Saffron paper and Sticky Pages. I Also took Sticky Pages and used the Flower Folds die and cut out two of those and two from white paper. I cut the center from the white paper and stamped my initials.

For the glitter, I have no idea what color this is! When I first became a demo, my daughter, who was three, found my glitter and dumped all the containers out!! So, this is a mix of whatever it was that I had bought. :) If you are going to do this, put the sticky flower on the base paper first, then put the glitter on! Trust me on this one. :)

To put the hemp on for the loop to attach to the bag, I cut a hole in the center of one of the chipboards. (Do it before covering with paper to hide it later). Then I put a brad (any color, it doesn't matter) from the front to the back. I wrapped the hemp around and then opened the prongs.

If you'd like more detailed information on how I made my bag tag, please email me. Or click to purchase any of these products!

Supplies Needed:

Paper:
So Saffron
Whisper White

Stamps:
Broadsheet Alphabet

Ink:
So Saffron
Rich Razzleberry

Accessories:
Glitter
Stampin' Sponge
Brad
Hemp Twine
Victoria Crochet Trim

Tools:
Paper Snips
Craft & Rubber Scissors
Big Shot
3-Tier Cake die
Flower Folds die

Adhesive:
Sticky Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment