I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cranberry Bran Muffins

I love bran muffins. I have since I was little. However, I haven't made them myself...ever! Can you believe that? So I tried to make some this week, and made, what I think, was a pretty good muffin. Try them and let me know what you think!

Sorry, I don't measure very well. So all measurements are approximate.



3 c flour
4 containers vanilla yogurt (I used German yogurt. They were 150g containers)
1 jar apple sauce (it was German, but was about 1 1/2 cups)
4 cups bran cereal, smashed (2 cups smashed)
Molasses (1/3 cup?)
2/3 c sugar (ish)
Peel of lemon
Bag of cranberries (Craisins)
Splash of vanilla
Salt
¾ c water with 3 Tbsp flax mixed in
Baking soda (almost 1 tb)

By using flax instead of eggs, and apple sauce instead of oil, I cut the recipe down by 50 calories, almost all of those were fat calories! I also upped the fiber and lowered total carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment