I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

10 Years Ago...

I married the most wonderful man! I won't get all sappy on you, but here's a little history of how we met. Then I'll show you the card I made for him, only if you promise to not tell him about it! He doesn't get to come home until this weekend!

I don't remember meeting my husband. I just always knew who he was...and I HATED him. He and his best friend were trouble makers in elementary school. (By the way, his best friend married my sister!) Between the two of them, my third grade year I remember being pelted by snowballs and having my glasses broken by these two. (The second was an accident, the first I made up for this past winter!)

Of course, many years later, my feelings changed. He is a wonderful husband and father, and I'm so glad that he grew, mostly, out of his trouble-making younger days.


He is training right now across Germany, so, for the third year in a row, we are apart for our anniversary. He is able to take a break this weekend, and we are going to have our first childless date since "Star Wars III" came out in theaters! We have agreed that no gifts will be exchanged this year, but that doesn't mean I can't give him a card full of ultra-sappy writing, right?


I made this card using the adorable Pendant Park set. I chose a color close to his favorite color and used the Color Coach to pick coordinating colors. The Color Coach really is an indispensable tool! For each color there are two color palattes to choose from, as well as space to put in your own favorite color combinations.

For more information on how I made this card, please email me. Or click to purchase any of these products!

Supplies Needed:

Paper:
Always Artichoke
Bashful Blue
Crumb Cake

Stamps:
Pendant Park

Ink:
Always Artichoke

Accessories:
Hemp Twine

Tools:
Paper Trimmer
Craft & Paper Scissors
Color Coach
Word Window Punch
Distressing Tool Kit

Adhesive:
Snail
Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment