I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Adorable Quails

The inspiration for today's craft came from watching the "Lost: Season 6" Blu-Ray this week. There is a brief glimpse of a wall decoration behind the shoulder of a minor character in one episode, and it caught my eye. It was layer circles painted onto the wall. I stopped the show and got out my craft things!


To make this card, I took a sheet of plain computer paper can cut it to the size of my background paper. I then took various sizes of circle punches and punched randomly. I saved all the circle bits. Then I used Dotto re-positionable adhesive to glue all the circles and the remaining background piece to my Very Vanilla cardstock. I took turns peeling a few circles off and using my brayer in different colors of ink. After I inked one color, I marked the scratch paper circles (so I knew those ones had ink under them) and put them back onto the inked part. I did this with the two other colors, until all the circles were inked up.

I'll admit, this was the first time I inked up this adorable stamp set. How sad is that? These quails are too cute to just sit in their box on the shelf! I think they fit perfectly with the background I made. Do you have a stamp set that has yet to have the joy of ink put on it? Get it out and have some fun!

If my instructions weren't very clear, and you would like to try this background technique, email me. Or click to purchase any of these products!

Supplies Needed:

Paper:
Very Vanilla
Bashful Blue

Stamps:
Happy Together

Ink:
Marina Mist
Baja Breeze
Bashful Blue
Basic Gray

Tools:
Paper Trimmer
Brayer
Various-sized circle punches
Curly Label Punch

Adhesive:
Snail Adhesive
Dotto
Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment