I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Drunk Reinker Background

I have been making my swaps for the upcoming European Convention in November. I'm so excited! I wanted to make one swap with one of my favorite techniques. I call it the "Drunk Reinker Background" technique because you use alcohol and reinkers. That's it, and it makes a stunning background. Today I will show you the technique, and be sure to come back tomorrow to see the card I created!

For this technique, you will need:
  • Glossy White Cardstock (you can use Whisper White, but it's not as good)
  • Reinkers (2-3 colors)
  • Rubbing Alcohol
  • Cotton Balls
  • Rubber Gloves (optional)
  • Something to protect your work surface
  • Ventilation
Start buy putting your cotton ball on the alcohol bottle and upending it. You don't need to fully-soak the ball, but make sure it has at least a little alcohol. Then put 2-3 drops of each color of your reinker onto the wet spot of your cotton ball. If you'd like, you can then add 1 drop of a metallic reinker color (a little goes a long way.)


Next, dab randomly all over your Glossy White Cardstock.


That's it! Watch as the colors blend and mix. The paper is almost instantly dry, due to the alcohol, so you can cut and put on your project straight away. (If you used a metallic reinker you will need to seal the paper before using).

Here is a sneak peek at how I used my background paper in my swap. See you tomorrow!


For more information on this technique, please email me. Or click to purchase any of these products!

No comments:

Post a Comment