I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Tooth Fairy Pillow Boxes

My daughter asks me every day to feel her teeth to see if they are loose. She cannot wait for the Tooth Fairy to come! So when I saw the Tooth Fairy single stamp, I knew it was perfect! My daughter will be sure to love these special gifts from the Tooth Fairy!


used a variety of techniques to make these pillow boxes. I started by cutting one sheet of each of the 5 new In Colors in half and then cutting them out using the Pillow Box die for the Big Shot. While I have a lot of Stampin' Up! products, I think the Big Shot is my most useful and is probably my favorite tool! You can do gifts, cards, invitations, and I could go on all day! But, I'm sure you want information on the crafts, right? Contact me if you are interested in learning more about the Big Shot.




Some of the pillow boxes I used a texture plate or embossing folder for the Big Shot. Then I did one of two things to them. I used the sanding block from the Distressing Kit on some of them. This lightens the color of the raised part, setting it off from the main body of the pillow box.


The other dry embossed boxes I used the stamp from the Distressing Kit and rubbed the same color ink lightly on the box. If you are gentle, you will get ink only on the embossed parts.


Another technique I used was embossing. The first embossed box I mixed white embossing powder with iridescent ice. I wanted the background to sparkle, but I also wanted it to stand out with white. I used my favorite background stamp, Pretty Petals, (just don't tell Sanded or Medallion I said that!) inked it with versamark, and then poured my mixed creation over. Just remember to NOT pour it back into either of your containers. I am keeping my mixture in a Stampin' Store container.



The second embossed box, the picture does not do it justice. This one is my favorite of this batch of Pillow Box dies.



To make the Tooth Fairy stamp embellishment, start by stamping, coloring, etc. your stamped image, then cut out with the Scallop Circle punch. Then you will need to use a piece of scratch paper like a Post-It Note or printer paper. Do not use card stock, it is too thick. You can either just hold it onto the paper, or you can use a small piece of Dotto adhesive to hold it still while you do this next part. Put the punched piece onto the scratch paper, and reinsert it into your scallop punch. Look at the bottom of the punch and line up the middle of each bump of the scallop to the point on the punch. Simply punch, and you are done.


Embellish the pillow boxes as you would like. I used In Color ribbons and Basic Rhinestones. I know my daughter will especially love the ones with the Rhinestones on them! When she opened my box of new Stampin' Up! materials, she saw those, said, "Thank you," and ran and put them in her crafting cupboard! I hope she won't be too miffed that the Tooth Fairy pilfered from her stash!

Contact me today to schedule a workshop or to learn how to make your own Tooth Fairy Pillow Boxes. Or, you can purchase any of these products.

Paper:
Peach Parfait
Poppy Parade
Pear Pizzazz
Concord Crush
Blushing Bride

Stamps:
Tooth Fairy
Cottage Garden
Pretty Petals

Inks:
Peach Parfait
Poppy Parade
Pear Pizzazz
Concord Crush
Blushing Bride
Versamark

Adhesives:
Dimensionals
Snail
Sticky Strip

Accessories:
Ribbons
Basic Rhinestones
Embossing Powders

Tools:
Scallop Circle Punch
Large Oval Punch
Paper Snips
Paper Trimmer
Craft & Paper Scissors
Craft  Rubber Scissors
Big Shot & Accessories
Embossing/Texture plates for Big Shot
Heat Tool
Embossing Buddy
Distressing Kit

2 comments: