I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Convention Swap #3

Here is another swap that I created for the European Convention. I have loved the Winter Post stamp set since it came out last winter. I finally used it to make these swaps. I also used a technique to make a reflection.


The cards took a little while to do, but I think they are well worth the effort! Here is how I made the cards:

First, Stamp the image on your card stock.


Next, use a clear acrylic block, acetate sheet, or empty stamp case and stamp the image again.


Huff on the image, flip it over, and position it under the first stamped image. Press down, being sure to not wiggle. You can use your stamp cleaner or a baby wipe to clean the block.


Then I sponged the Bashful Blue ink around the bottom of the card.


Use a blender pen and a stamp pad to color in the skaters and the reflection.


Create a mask by stamping the skaters on a scratch piece of paper and cutting it around the edges. Use Dotto to position the mask over the skaters.


Next, stamp Lovely as a Tree over the skaters and mask.


Add 2-way glue and then dazzling diamonds glitter. Finish it off with ribbon or elastic cord.

For more information on how to do the reflection technique, please email me. Or click to purchase any of these products!

Supplies Needed:

Paper:
Whisper White

Stamps:
Winter Post
Lovely as a Tree

Ink:
Early Espresso
Cherry Cobbler
Bashful Blue
Not Quite Navy

Accessories:
Silver Elastic Cord
Dazzling Diamonds

Tools:
Paper Trimmer
Craft & Paper Scissors
Paper Snips
Crafting Sponge
Blender Pen

Adhesive:
2-Way Glue
Dotto

No comments:

Post a Comment