I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pucker Up Scrapbook

I joined the Stampin' Up! tea because I love to scrapbook. I take an enormous amount of pictures, and I love to document my favorite moments through photo albums and scrapbooks. Stampin' Up! has so many stamps that work perfectly with moments in my life. The perfect stamp set for the pictures in this scrapbook was Tart & Tangy.


These pictures were taken in downtown Berlin, on our first trip there, when we stopped for lunch. In Berlin, Coke is served with a slice of lemon. Leif, my son, had never had a lemon offered to him. He was about 20 months at the time. I was sure to have my camera ready and then let him have the slice from my Coke. Leif loved to eat, and was determined to eat this lemon! He finally gave up after about a minute and handed it back to us. Now he loves lemons and always asks for them when we go back to this restaurant in Berlin and order a Coke.

I know that this paper is retired now. I saved my retired Stampin' Up! paper and inks to make my own personal scrapbook pages that aren't for workshops or classes. This page would look just as cute using Daffodil Delight paper and ink!

There is one neat technique on this page that I don't know if you can see or not. The lemons are embossed.


I don't have room to store two types of ink for each color, so have very few crafts inks. So to make the lemons embossed, I first inked up in Versamark, and then inked with my color. Stamp, add embossing powder, emboss, and punch out. You can emboss with any Classic ink color using this technique!

Email me to join a scrapbooking club! Or click to purchase any of these products!


Supplies Needed:

Paper:
Yoyo Yellow (Retired, use Daffodil Delight now)
Whisper White

Stamps:
Tart & Tangy

Ink:
Yoyo Yellow (Retired, use Daffodil Delight now)
Versamark

Accessories:
Clear Embossing Powder

Tools:
Heat Tool

Adhesive:
Snail Adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment