I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Monday, October 25, 2010

First Grade Gifts

My daughter's class had mandatory flu immunizations last week. I figured there would be a few tears and a lot of anxiety. So, to ease their fears, I made a quick and easy treat for all the kids.


These were so easy, I was done with 18 of them in under an hour! To make them, take a piece of card stock that is 2 x 11. Score it at 6.5 and glue up the sides (with sticky strip). Or you can staple instead like I did to save time. Them stamp, punch, and color. You can use any long, skinny candy. These are Twizzler sticks, but I have made them with Pixie Sticks before. The kids even figured out you can fit pencils in them! The kids are reusing them as bookmarks now.

The kids were troopers. There were no tears, and only two kids were worried about it. They all did so well, and deserved the treat after!

No comments:

Post a Comment