I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Unique Tree

The holidays this year are going to be a little odd for our family! We have put in a special call to Santa, and he is going to come to our house on the night of the 4th! The dates ran up on me a bit, what with convention and the craft fair, and I didn't realize that I should have already started the advent calendar and things!


So, our family made our Christmas tree this weekend! We took four shades of green Stampin' Up! cardstock and traced our hands and then cut them out. The kids then drew scenes on some of the hands and decorated with snowflake stickers I had in my stash.

We then put all the hands up onto this post that's in the middle of our main room in the house.

From the top of the post, I then wrapped the string from the Stampin' Up! advent calendar (only on sale through the end of the month...contact me to buy before they are gone!) Then I hung the boxes down.

I love how it turned out! I can't believe how fast time is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment