I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Quick Treat Holders

I received a swap from Laurence Desnos at the EU convention. It was a simple treat holder, and I knew I just had to make some for the craft fair! (I know, the craft fair was two days ago...I will post tomorrow about how it went and what sold/didn't!)


To make these, I took a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock and cut it into four 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 sheets. I then scored each of these, on the 5 1/2 side, at 2 1/2 and 3. Then I wheeled one side in Versamark and embosses in silver. After that, decorate how you want (I sponged the edges in silver and put a greeting on them). Take the Word Window punch and punch through both sides of the pouch at one time to make "handles."
 

Using sticky strip, put a cello bag upside down on the back flap of the holder. (I cut about 1 1/2 inches off the top of the bag.) After that, put a few candies into the bag and fold over, so the bottom of the cello bag is even with the top. This holds the treats in. How clever! Then simply run ribbon through the top to hold closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment