I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Trip to the EU Convention

The convention trip started out a bit rocky. Anna was complaining she was sick the night before, and I was completely stressed out (as usual.) By morning, Anna was throwing up, and James HAD to work, so I didn't know if I would be able to join Kelly at convention! I thought she might just have to go by herself. Also, I caught Anna's stomach bug as well.

James was able to get home with just enough time, and he drove us to the Munich Airport. (We were supposed to take the train instead...first problem with the train on this trip!) We get there, and get to London just fine. Then we try to take another train...first we buy the tickets from a woman we cannot understand at all, and she doesn't write down how or where we need to transfer.

Kelly and I figured that the trains would be like the German ones...yeah...


Then we get to the first stop (which we luckily asked someone if it was the right stop!) The platforms are packed and there are NO TRAINS!!! Come to find out, the subway people are having a strike, and there is also a problem with the lines so trains are super delayed! So, we take a black cab out to the hotel. Screw the train! :)

We get to the hotel and start meeting/re-meeting our friends from last year. We have some food and I become the "designated walker" and spend some time in the hotel bar.

Kelly then woke up at 2am and we started crafting. I don't know how we did it, but we brought ribbon, paper, scissors, adhesive, markers...and no stamps! So we were able to make two cards with no stamps, but it was REALLY hard to find inspiration. :)

In the (real) morning we went to convention (yeah!!!) and had fun swapping cards, finding friends from last year, and buying things! That night (Friday) was the awards dinner for the EU demos. Well, with knowledge of how last year's dinner went, Kelly and I knew that we didn't want to sit through that again! So, we decided to go into London for a show!!!!

Not wanting to deal with yet another train, we took a cab. Our hotel told us it would be about a 30-45 minute drive, so we left just over an hour before we were supposed to be there...yeah. London traffic is (almost) as bad as Honolulu traffic! It took 1 1/2 hours to drive 12 miles! We were late for our show. :( That meant that we had to stand at the back of the theater. However, it was still the best thing! Plus, I got to say, "Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament!"

We saw "We Will Rock You." I HIGHLY recommend it!! I could go on forever talking about the show. Just take my word for it and go see it! I'm a huge Queen fan anyway, so I probably would have liked it even if it wasn't amazing. :)


We then had to wait in the rain for an hour for the cab to come back, but the trip back was VERY fast!

Saturday morning was more convention. We started with crafting, then we learned some more things, and then we got a free stamp set and a sneak preview of the HUGE sale coming up in January!!

Then 19 of us crazy SU! demos went out to dinner and I had a carvery dinner, which I was told was a traditional British dinner. The night was very crazy, but we had a wonderful waitress who put up with us. However, I'm sure I saw all the people seated around us breathe a sigh of relief when we stood up to leave!

Back at the hotel we commandeered the mezzanine and crafted for a long time. We made some very cute products!

Sunday morning it was time to come back to Germany. We took a cab to the airport and there was an old car race. Old, as in the crank type! It was so cool. The pictures aren't very good because we were in the car, but it was so neat to see.

Then, because we have to have more problems with the train this weekend, they changed our platform at the last minute for our train in Regensburg! We made it with just seconds to spare. At least we did make it.


It was a wonderful weekend. I am so glad that Stampin' Up! let us come again this year. I wish that we could join them next year at Disneyland!

2 comments:

  1. we wish you could join us toooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    I hope I will see you next year again! It was a wonderful time in London. I am so happy to find your blog!
    Greetings from Germany
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete