I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Very Thankful!

Right now, I'm thoroughly enjoying the European Stampin' Up! Convention! However, I still have a craft I can show you that I made this week before I left.


I didn't come up with this idea myself. It was something I saw on Stampin' Connection. Stampin' Connection is just another perk of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator! Ask me for more information on how you can get the perks for yourself!

To make this, I took 12x12 cardstock and cut it into 4x12 inch pieces. I then scored my 3 strips every 3 inches. Fan-fold the pieces, and then glue the end of one strip to the beginning of another. For the word "Thankful" I cut off 6" from one strip to make 8 rectangles along the length of the strip.

Then I cut out coordinating rectangles and put glue right along 3 of the edges. This made a pocket for my vanilla card stock tags to slip in and out of the pockets. A few punches, some stamps, and letters cut out from my Big Shot, and I now have a centerpiece for Thanksgiving, that can then be turned into a scrapbook for all your favorite Turkey Day memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment