I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Mix & Match Monster Book & Tutorial

With almost all the husbands/dads deployed from our area right now, moms are frantically searching for activities to keep as busy as possible. Move, move, move, and it will seem like Daddy was gone for no time at all, right? At least we all hope that's how it works! Because of this, I really wanted to start having a monthly Mommy & Me crafting class. I love sharing Stampin' Up! with my children, and I would love to help other moms craft with their kids as well.

Thinking along the lines of children, I decided to try my hand at a thought I had when I very first saw the new Idea Book & Catalog in June: a Make a Monster Mix & Match Book! "A What?!?" you say. Remember growing up and we had those books with the pages cut in horizontal lines, and you could make the characters wear a silly combination of clothes, or make silly faces? One of THOSE books!


The book has four complete pictures of different monsters, and you can flip the different sections up to create many different combinations, and hours of giggles from your children.



I kept the project fairly simple so I could have a wider age range of kids participate in the class. While it is simple, it is a little complicated to explain, so I wrote a tutorial for it. Please feel free to have a class of your own. Be sure to add a comment with a picture of what you and your attendees created!

Contact me for any more information on this project. If you would like me to teach this class to you and your kiddos, please email me. Or click to purchase any of these products!

Supplies Needed:

Paper:
Very Vanilla 3 ½ x 2 ½ (4)
Chocolate Chip 7 ½ x 3 (1)
Very Vanilla (Size you want for cover)
Greenhouse Gala DSP (size for cover)

Stamps:
Make a Monster
Rough Type

Ink:
Basic Black
Assorted Stampin’ Write Markers

Accessories:
Large Grommets (3)
Very Vanilla Ribbon

Tools:
Crop-A-Dile
Paper Trimmer
Bone Folder
Stamp-a-ma-jig handle
Clear Blocks A & C or D
Craft & Paper Scissors

Adhesive:
Snail Adhesive

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Now I have to make 2...one for each of my girls. They love this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! I already loved this stamp set, now I really do.

    ReplyDelete