I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Black and White Garden

Let's get blogging!

Last time I tried this, I would forget about posting, and I gave up with it. So, let's try again! I can't promise I'll post every day, but I will try to keep up with putting my projects on here.

For the card today, my friend and downline, Kelly Mayou, came over and said she needed to make a black and white card. I decided to try my hand at it as well! Last time I was in Berlin I noticed that many of the shops along the streets had black and white clothes and styling. I have been meaning to make a black and white card for a long while! I noticed that the window scenes often were of flowers as well.

I went to one of my favorites: Greenhouse Garden! I love this stamp set. It is beautiful in vibrant colors, and it is beautiful in black and white as well!



I started by background stamping. I did the small flower by inking in black, then stamping off on scratch paper, and then stamping on the card base. The center of the flower is straight black ink.

Then I embossed the center of the big flower in white and stamped the big flower in black over. This is a cool technique called "emboss resist." The ink will not stick to embossing powder. Try it. You will like it!

I sponged around the edges. I always forget to do this, but I think it really does add to the layers of a card.

The final detail is the paper piercing on the corner using the mat pack to get the dots lined up just perfectly!

Contact me if you are interested in learning more about the emboss resist technique, or in purchasing any of these products!

Paper:
Whisper White Cardstock
Basic Black Cardstock

Stamps:
Green House Garden

Inks:
Versamark
Basic Black Classic Ink

Accessories:
White Embossing Powder

Tools:
Heat Tool
Embossing Buddy
Paper Piercer
Mat Pack
Sponge Dauber

No comments:

Post a Comment