I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Matchbook Scrapbook

Last year I had the absolute pleasure of going to the Founder's Circle incentive trip to St. George, Utah. I met many fabulous women there. One was Dawn Raspas who started UStamp. U Stamp is a group of designers who make wonderful projects. Go check it out!



One of the project tutorials is a Matchbook Album (because it folds up like a matchbook.) This album was 12 inches long, and had a lot of spots for wonderful pictures!

Well, I made this album, and then found that I didn't have enough pictures to really do the album justice, so I cut it right in half. Using the tabletop paper cutter, I just sliced it. Now I have an album to give a friend, and this gorgeous one for myself!

I used the Sunny Garden DSP. I was so sad to see the Cottage Wall DSP leave the last catalog, and now here it is just with different colors! Hooray! I have at least one more year with the beautiful designs on this lovely paper. I filled the album with pictures of my Anna Monster. She is obsessed with butterflies, so this theme really does fit her. I love making small scrapbooks like this with my leftover pictures that didn't make it into a scrapbook page. My kids really like that they can hold these, flip them open, and show their friends. This is also a perfect project to make with your kids.

The inside of this scrapbook holds up to 9 pictures (I made it so it holds 7). Want to see?

Interested in making this album? Click the UStamp picture above and find out how! This is only one of the cool tutorials available!

Want to set up a class to learn how to make one of these? Or want to purchase the products to make it? Contact me!


Paper:
Whisper White
Sunny Garden DSP
Poppy Parade
Daffodil Delight
Pear Pizzazz
Peach Parfait

Stamps:
Cottage Garden
Rough Type

Inks:
Poppy Parade
Daffodil Delight
Pear Pizzazz
Peach Parfait

Adhesives:
Snail

Accessories:
Poppy Parade 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon

Tools:
Paper Trimmer
Tabletop Paper Cutter
Big Shot
Beautiful Butterflies die
Beautiful Wings Embosslit
Stapler

No comments:

Post a Comment