I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Gorgeousness!

I'll admit. I don't like to spend hours on a card. I admire the work of others online, but I really like my cards to be quick and simple. Well, I broke all my rules with this card! It took me two days of coloring, drying time, planning, mistakes, and fun! This, however, may be my favorite card I have ever done! Ready to see?



The picture does not do the sparkles on this card justice!

Let me tell you the story of this card: I was watching "Barbie: A Mermaid Tale" with my daughter (I think it should be "Tail" not "tale," but I digress.) Anyway, Barbie has this really cute flower on her outfit at the end of the movie. It's brown, edged in gold, with a pink center. Well, I tried to color the Paper Daisy brown, dye the flower brown, and stamp a flower brown. The flowers looked good...until I tried to put gold on only the outside edges. It was a mess!

So I pulled out an all-time favorite: Shimmer Paint!

To make your very own flower:
  1. Take a Paper Daisy and use your Stampin' Write marker to color all of the petals.
  2. While waiting for that to dry, punch one scallop circle from paper of your choice.
  3. Use your paper snips to cut in on each swoop towards the center.
  4. Spray this flower with Smooch Spritz until it is pretty wet and sparkly
  5. Wrinkle up the flower and flatten back out.
  6. Wait (impatiently) for everything to dry.
  7. Then take Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and a small paint brush and brush all over the Paper Daisy
  8. Again, wait for this to dry.
I used Mini glue dots to adhere the flower together, and to stick it to the card.

For the background, I used the Pretty Petals background stamp. I inked it up in Regal Rose ink, and then painted Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint all over. Carefully stamp and lift to avoid smudging. This will take a little bit to dry as well.

Finish the card off with gorgeous Victoria Crochet Trim, a saying from Herb Expressions, and a Designer Button, and you have yourself your own Gorgeousness!

Contact me if you are interested in learning more about the techniques on this card, or in purchasing any of these products!

Paper:
Regal Rose
So Saffron
Very Vanilla

Stamps:
Herb Expressions
Pretty Petals background

Inks:
Regal Rose (Marker & Ink Pad)
Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint
Gold Glow Smooch Spritz

Adhesives:
Dimensionals
Mini Glue Dots
Snail

Accessories:
Victoria Crochet Trim
Paper Daisies
Designer Buttons
Linen Thread

Tools:
Scallop Circle Punch
Paper Snips
Paper Trimmer
Craft & Paper Scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment