I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Choo Choo Scrapbook

I have a workshop this weekend for a woman with twin baby boys. She wanted to make a scrapbook for her workshop, so here is this 6x6 page using the adorable Choo Choo stamp set and coordinating Right on Track wheel. I based this scrapbook page from the card on page 80 of the Idea Book and Catalog. Not only proving that the IBC is a great resource tool for inspiration and ideas, but also how versatile Stampin' Up! products really are!



To make the train on the track, I used a technique called "masking." First, you stamp what you want in your foreground (the train.) Then you stamp that same image(s) onto a scrap piece of paper and cut out with paper snips. Use Dotto Adhesive to temporarily stick the scratch paper over the stamped image. Then wheel or stamp over how you want. Remove the scratch paper, rub off the Dotto residue, and you have a beautiful masked image!

While a 6 x 6 page is perfect for a workshop setting, I take far too many pictures to fit onto one tiny page! So, I expanded this page into a 12 x 12 and will give this to my hostess as one of her gifts for hosting her workshop.



At all of my workshops involving scrapbook pages, I try to make what's called a "progressive" page to show. This page goes from a 6 x 6 to an 8 1/2 x 11, to a full 12 x 12 size. While difficult to see on this page, the 8 1/2 x 11 sheet is versamarked with the puff of smoke all over just to add some more dimension. When it is filled with pictures, this is sure to look perfect in a scrapbook, or framed on the wall!

Contact me if you are interested in hosting your own scrapbooking workshop, or in purchasing any of these products!

Paper:
Bashful Blue
More Mustard
Very Vanilla
Bravo Burgundy

Stamps:
Choo Choo
Right on Track (Wheel)
Broadsheet Alphabet

Inks:
Chocolate Chip (Reinker, onto wheel cartridge)
Bravo Burgundy
Versamark

Adhesives:
Dotto
Snail

Accessories:
Very Vanilla 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon

Tools:
Stampin' Around cartridge and handle
Paper Trimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment