I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Birthday Cakes

I have two more cakes to show you, and then I'll get back with the paper crafting tomorrow! Promise! My daughter has started 1st grade this week, so I will have more time to be crafting and blogging!

The first cake is for my friend's son's 6th birthday. He likes Batman just a LITTLE! He was having a Classic Batman party, and I was asked to make the cake. I printed out the Batman symbol online, cut it out, and traced it onto the cake top.


I just bought the Wilton checkerboard cake set and really wanted to try it out! My husband and I had the cool idea to make the inside of the cake represent Joker. To make the batter, I made a simple lemon cake batter and divided it into two zip top bags. Then I added green coloring to one bag and purple to another. If you follow the directions on the Wilton Checkerboard Cake set, you will end up with this gorgeous cake that people are sure to be surprised with!



The next cake I want to show you is for my friend's birthday. He loves zombie movies, so I decided to make him a zombie cake! I found a lot of versions of this cake online. I don't know who the original idea comes from. I made homemade marzipan for the fingers, formed around lollipop sticks. Then I used frosting to put the almonds on as nails. The "dirt" is ground up Oreo cookies.


I hope you enjoyed some of the other types of crafts I like to create. Back to the cards tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment