I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Getting Back Into Things...

Wow. I miss blogging! I miss creating! So much has changed in my life since I was blogging every day with my crafty creations.

I started working as a substitute teacher, I became ill and had to go to many different doctors, we moved back to the US, and I started volunteering like a mad woman!

Unfortunately, my latex allergy has increased to the point where I can no longer use Stampin' Up! stamps. It was a very sad day for me indeed when I went to build my pretty new stamps and couldn't get past opening the box without itching like crazy and having problems breathing. I sorted through my stamps and kept a precious few for my daughter to enjoy, but I had to sell/give away the rest. I hope that the new recipients are enjoying them and are finding their own joy in their creativity!

People have been saying I should show off what I have been doing, so here I go again. I hope you enjoy!

My son turned 6 today! I will start off this blog with showing you all the things I have prepped for his party this weekend.

Leify is obsessed with Angry Birds. He takes my phone and Kindle at any chance I let him, and he will play until the battery dies! What better thing to play on his birthday?!?

There are loads of sites out there, but this one was the BEST! I used the templates found on the site a couple times. Just be sure to keep good track of which bird is which when you are cutting them out! The first project I used them on were for these balls:


These will turn into a game for the party! I'm going to build a contraption out of boxes and the three pig balls will be on the boxes. The party guests will throw the bird balls at the pigs, trying to knock them down. The balls were found at Walmart in the ball section. They were 97 cents I believe. I used double-sided sticky tape to adhere the faces on. Simple, and so cute!

The next project I free-handed. I used posterboard I bought at the dollar store in various colors and a permanent marker to draw the birds and pigs. These will be used as wall decorations around the house. The middle pig is a bit wonky, but I think the rest turned out so cute! (Sorry for the poor picture quality. I used my phone.)


I hope you enjoyed my venture back into blogging. I will try to remember to do this more often. I can't make any promises though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment