I've always been a crafty person, or a "Becky Home-ecky." I love to cook, bake, sew, crochet, and scrapbook. See my various creations here.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bring on the Bracelets!

With the success among the teenage crowd of our bottlecap necklaces, Kelly and I decided to make some more home-made jewelry for the upcoming craft fair. Remember, it's November 13th on Rose Barracks, building 134 (behind the fire station). I hope to see you there!

Anyway, we went bracelet-crazy! My kids also had a lot of fun modeling the bracelets!





These are pretty easy to make once you learn the technique. I will try to explain. If you still don't get it, I would be very happy to try to make a photo tutorial for you!

 Supplies:

24" stretchy clear cording
6 buttons (more if you are using smaller)
Black beads
Scissors

Take your cording and find the middle point. Then take a button and put one end through a hole. Take the other end of the cording and put it through the same hole, going the other way. So, you have one end going from the top to the bottom, the other going from the bottom to the top.

Tighten the cording down until it reaches approximately the middle of the 24" of cording.

Now do the same thing again. Take the cording at the top of the button and put it down through the next hole, and the bottom string goes up through the next hole.

All you have to do now is string some beads on both strings at the same time. Then add another button, until it wraps around your wrist.

I then put the cording through the first button again, the same way, and tie off tight.

Wear with pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment